Monday, May 3, 2010

Stress Relief

SO. It is my favorite time of the semester. Finals. Ugh. I really think finals are over rated. Which is why I was so glad my History of China professor said there would be no final. Just a research paper. Pretty sure by the time I completed that paper, I was wishing we would have just had a test. Really. I don't particularly find the higher education problems in China all that interesting. So writing a HUGE paper on it...well it was not fun. Needless to say that last night when I submitted that paper (Which I had been working on all week) I was ready to jump around a cry. Which I might have done...Just a little.
This morning I had my first test of the week. I was nervous because I didn't really have a lot of time to study for it, thank to my research paper. Luckily, the TA for the class held a study session last Friday. The test took my a whole SEVEN minutes to complete. OUCH. It was so simple. We had to write out the plot of Hamlet, identify some types of poems, and define 10 words. Part of the test was take home. So I got that finished super early last week, because I know me, and I wouldn't have done it otherwise.
It's Monday. I have two tests left. And I am done for the semester. And I am seriously wondering why on earth did I have such a good semester. Back in the day I was pretty lazy about the whole going to class thing. But this semester I realized it is kind of important. Which is why the possibility of straight A's is actually a thought in the back of my mind. I doubt it will happen, but the fact that it is possible is kind of surprising.
This time next week I will be on a wonderful vacation. Thanks to Jacob's parents, I get to spend a week at a resort in San Diego. (Yay time shares) I am really looking forward to the time away from home. After this week, I think I deserve it :D

No comments: