Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just a thought...

At the current moment I am super frustrated with politics. Not necessarily what is happening in Washington or what the President is or is not doing. Rather, I am frustrated with uneducated people making accusations that quite frankly do not make sense. I am guessing these people are the people that sit at home and listen to FOX news all day long, with the ideas of Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and Sean Hannity seeping into their poor little brains. I do not care that you are super conservative. I do care that before you join all of these ridiculous facebook groups asking for Obama to die or saying congress doesn't deserve a raise (which is particularly funny to me, seeing as the majority of money a congressmen or senator makes really doesn't come from the paycheck they get from the government (have you ever heard of lobbyists people?) plus, wouldn't you want to vote a pay raise for yourself if the opportunity arose? and since minimum wage has gone up the cost of living has gone up). And most of all, why does it matter that the President smokes? Or that so and so drinks? They are normal people. You cannot expect politicians to be perfect. So stop asking me to join this group or that group. Stop listening to Rush Limbaugh. Start educating yourself, try and look at things from both sides of the media. Obviously if you listen solely to conservative media, you are going to have a one sided view on politics. Seriously, find some left wing media. Then make your judgment. In the mean time, keep me out of it. Love, Katie

No comments: