Saturday, January 26, 2013

A First: Achieving a Goal!

For almost as long as I can remember, I have struggled with my weight. I was the early developer compared to all of my friends. I was taller. I was bigger. And it didn't really bother me until junior high. And even then, it wasn't that big of a deal. But the older I get the more important maintaining a healthy weight appears to be. I know that people have a negative perception of me because of my weight. But there is so much more to me!
Over the past two years, I have tried various diets, exercise routines, etc. And nothing worked. At one point I found a diet that helped me lose five pounds over five months. And I was frustrated. Here I am busting my butt for what? A pound a month?
As mentioned in my previous post, I started seeing a doctor in mid October of 2012. And he believed in me. But more importantly he gave me a plan and he holds me accountable. We set a goal that by April 2013 I would lose 30 pounds. That is only the beginning for me. But I am starting to understand the point of smaller attainable goals that lead to the bigger goal. The first two months went great. I lost 13 pounds. And then the holidays came. And I sort of just stood still. It didn't help that I had a cold or an ear infection or something for practically a month straight, which made it very difficult to exercise regularly.
Today, I stepped on the scale. I thought it was lying to me. So after three or four times of weighing myself, I realized I had met a goal. Two months early. Sure I have had strep throat for the last few days and have only eaten two popsicles and half a bowl of cereal, oh and some hot chocolate since Wednesday (and now it is Saturday) But that doesn't change the fact that I met a weight loss goal for the first time in my entire life. I know I still have a long way to go, but I can help but be excited/proud.
Thanks to my husband, family, doctor, and strep throat I can proudly say that I am one small goal down, and a few more to go!

3 comments:

Emily B said...

Yay for you! That's great to reach a goal like that...although I hope you're starting to feel better with the strep throat. :)

Ranaebang said...

Congrats Katie!!! Weight loss is so slow going it's annoying!!!

Unknown said...

Go you!!! Post Pics of your new Hotness!!!