Thursday, February 21, 2008

There's a Tree In the Meadow?



So I know that camp ended forever ago. But I am a slow poke and am just barely getting it put up. It was pretty much the most amazing experience of my life. I have never done anything like it, and I hope I can continue to do it. Working at a boy scout camp was the last thing I expected to do. But then one day out of nowhere I decided to go. And so I applied for the position and I got on. Then I decided I didn't want anything to do with it, and I was going to spend my entire summer being miserable. But you know me, I had the job so I stuck with it. And turns out I was wrong. The memories, the friends, the experiences. I have never felt so secluded yet so relaxed. Its hard to explain really. There is no electricity. No internet. No cell phones. I guess I learned that those aren't the important things in life. Its all about relationships. Relationships with friends, with family, with strangers. I have to admit, I am not one for being dirty. I love to shower everyday. But there. Its basically impossible to stay clean. And it doesn't even matter. The bears were no fun to deal with and neither were the scout masters. But I think of the people I worked with. I was so lucky to have people that didn't judge me for this or for that. You are accepted for what you are and that is that. It is something I recommend to anyone. Even if they think its a terrible idea. Cause guess what! I thought it was gonna suck too. And now look what happened. I made so many good friends! And I learned so much about myself. Pretty much amazing!

No comments: