Monday, January 25, 2010

Because...

I have decided that because I am an old married woman with a very interesting life, it is time to make my blog....more....understandable. So everyone understands what is new with my cute and sweet husband. So yes. I will start with....Hmm...School.
This semester Jacob and I decided it was time for me to head back and finish up school. I applied for pell grants, and got one. So next came the admissions to Utah State. A big joke. I applied at the very beginning of November. A few weeks went by and the school sent me a letter saying that I hadn't paid the admission fee and they hadn't received my transcript. So I printed of my bank statement, marched myself into the office, and pointed out the error. I called Eastern Utah, they had my transcript on the way, SLCC doing the same. A few more weeks went by. Another letter. Apparently I still hadn't paid my admission fee, and my SLCC transcript hadn't come. This time, when I brought my bank statement, it also showed the SLCC transcript had been paid for. So after some research, they found my transcript filed under my maiden name (which was listed on my file). I was told to come back in a few days (it now being the beginning of January), to see if I was accepted. When I went back, I was told I was to late to be accepted, as it was to close to the beginning of the semester. Well that wasn't a good enough answer for me, so I wanted to meet with the head of admissions. Finally! Two months later! I am officially an Aggie.
Now school has started and it has been so exciting for me to get back into the swing of things. I am taking twelve credits and loving it. I am so happy to be finishing my education. What a happy thing! Only two years left :) So that is that. My effort to start a more "normal" blog.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I have to admit that I found this entry much easier to understand now that you are using my kind of language..lol. But I miss your humor, more of that please. ps, what are you majoring in?