Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas is Coming!

This is how our home used to look when we lived in Logan. A dinky little tree and no other decorations. But now!
This is only a little tiny sample of what I have done to our house. There is garland everywhere! Tons of lights and ribbon and decorations. I am a little bit crazy about how much I love decorating for Christmas!
My parents have always had this really neat tradition of buying one ornament a year since the year they got married. Jake and I decided that this is a tradition that we too should do! This year was Jake's pick-our very own Pongo just for our tree!
We are just about finished with our Christmas shopping! we only have three people left to buy for! And man did we get some Black Friday steals!! I am a big believer in Black Friday. Why pay ridiculous prices when I can save 50-75% on the same products? All I have to do is deal with a few crowds and I am getting a deal!

I have been lusting after this beautiful stoneware for at least five years, but I could never justify paying 100 bucks for it. Kohl's had it on Friday for 29.99 plus I had a 10 dollar off coupon and a 15% off my entire purchase. So I paid around 12 bucks for a hundred dollar set of stoneware. Yeah! So worth it. And that is only the beginning of how much I saved. I got two new down pillows for 40 bucks off, 10 dollar towels for three bucks, and the savings go on. Most of the things I bought on Black Friday were things I needed, and because of the discounts, I was able to get a better quality/quantity than I would otherwise. If I learned anything from my parents, it is that you never pay full price for anything! Wait a few weeks and it will be on sale or you will get a coupon! 
I really don't think Black Friday is crazy or ridiculous like so many people do. I have been going with my mom for the past 10 years, and am yet to see a fight or someone get hurt. Sure I have to wait in line at Kohl's for over an hour, but it really isn't that bad compared to how much I am saving. My mom and I laugh because of the adrenaline rush we get when we run into a store, grab what we want and are among the first people to check out. Every year we spend a ridiculous amount of time planning out what we are going to get and the fastest way to find it. And I am pretty sure we are among the very few people who coupon on Black Friday. But it has become a tradition that we both look forward too! I love that my mom is as frugal as I am and that we can have this tradition together. And now that I am married, I have this husband of mine who is wonderful! He drives us around and waits in the really long line at Kohl's while my momma and I do the shopping!


No comments: